Saturday, October 08, 2005

Saturday with the Big Dog

Dear Frienda,
Please keep the prayers coming. In biofeedback on Friday I saw progress. I continue to recruit new muscle fibers for strengthening. Yesterday I was in the Chapel asking God for encouragement and thanking HIm for all the prayers from people like you. I also ask that He bless you as well for all your support.
Physical therapy continues to work with me and I have found that I have many other cheerleaders beside Cathie. On Monday I hope to be on the tilt table to see if I can support my weight while standing. I even ate better today keeping down watermelon, fresh pear and apple juice and zuccini bread from Betty. Even had some of Shim's brownie for dessert! My voice is a little stronger. The congestion has kept my voice weaker and I pray that this will improve. You are looking after my family for me in such wonderful ways. I hope to be able to see many of you when I come home in Nov.
God's grace to you all
Marvin

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE PROGRESS YOU HAVE MADE! GOOD LUCL WITH THE TILT TABLE. WE STILL PRAY FOR YOU AND HOPE FOR A COMPLETE RECOVERY. KEEP WORKING ON YOUR BREATHING.
HOPE YOU GET THIS COMMENT OKAY. THE LAST SEVERAL I HAVE SENT NEVER SHOWED UP ON THE BLOG.
LOTS OF LOVE AND ENCOURAGEMENT,
BETTY DEVANE AND FAMILY

7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marvin and Cathie,
It is so exciting to hear from Marvin directly and feel your dedication and active faith. I hope you get a bit stronger every single day, you show us all the power of taking it one day at a time - with great hope for the future.
our love and prayers,
Phillis, Laura's mom

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marvin,
It's good to know that you are making progress.You do not know me but I am one of the HatLadies. This is my first visit to your website. Your positive approach to your rehabilitation is quite obvious and will certainly aid in a speedy recovery. Keep up the good work!
Priscilla Robinson

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Marvin and Cathie, 10/13 5:20p
Greeting from Rachel and Sheryl. Just read this update to mom via the phone. Her voice gave many responses of delight and praise to the Lord. "O how wonderful. Greet Marvin from me and tell him we're constantly in prayer for him." We look forward to seeing you in Nov. Have you been able implement using peppermint and ginger for nausea?

The MBA Ethics class has a mid-point comprehensive exam tonight so I better head that way to deliver. Blessings, Sheryl

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marvin and Cathie,
I talked with Laura last night and she was telling me what a wonderful visit she and Trey had with you on Sunday, and what an incredible workout you were able to do - that is so encouraging! I could tell from Laura's voice that she was excited for your progress and wonderful spirit. Praying for you with energy - so that you'll get more of same!
Phillis

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marvin and Cathie,
I talked with Laura last night and she was telling me what a wonderful visit she and Trey had with you on Sunday, and what an incredible workout you were able to do - that is so encouraging! I could tell from Laura's voice that she was excited for your progress and wonderful spirit. Praying for you with energy - so that you'll get more of same!
Phillis

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home