Sunday, September 18, 2005

Sunday and God is Great

Once again I want to thank you for all your prayers which mean more to me than you will ever know. I often focus on what I haven't obtained yet and forget all that God has actually given me back. The nausea is now much better and I can now eat without vomiting. The severe leg cramps that kept me a wake at night, have resolved to a large degree. The periods of sweating have completing resolved and the rapid blood pressure fluctuations have also lessened. This has resulted in much more endurance and stamina when attending physical therapy. It has been very difficult to do the things that I needed to do to improve while feeling that I might throw up any minute. Bio-feedback has been very helpful. I have discoved that I have nerve connections to all muscles groups. Now my primary task is to strengthen those muscles. I feel the improvement has been the result of your prayers and I can't express in words how this lifts me up. I have finally reached the point where I will except whatever God gives me. I am passing this hope on to others on the ward.
Cathie has been with me almost constantly and as usual is my own personal cheerleader.
God's grace to all of you,
Marvin ( the Big Dog)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Marvin,
Our God is an awesome God, indeed! It is good to hear that you are improving and are able to do more in therapy. Dean's serman today would be a good one for you to read. Don't know if he posts them online or not - but it was about why bad things happen to good people. It was an excellent message. I pray for you daily!

Take care,
Deborah Davis

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tuesday, September20
Dear Bubba:
(I am sending you this a second time as I did not see it in yoor comments.)
You may have seen that Miami beat Clemson in three overtimes. It was one of the most exciting and painful to watch games that I have ever seen. When Miami intercepted the last Clemson pass Clemson coach, Tommy bowden on TV fell to the ground and stayed there about 5 minutes totally exhausted. The Clemson quarterback, Charlie Whitehurst a senior, said that it was the greatest game that he has ever played in.

It was terrific to read your Sunday letter. Everything in it sounds really wonderful.
love, Billy

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Marvin and Cathie, It sounds like things are looking up. I understand that you can use your thumb to move your chair. Now you and Cathie can try thumb wrestling. It can provide entertainment at least on a momentary basis. It seems like you all just keep moving around the obstacles! "Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off the goal." Glad you have your eyes on the Goal. God either removes the obstacle or guides us around it. I wish I could say I came up with that, but it is actually Oswald Chambers. He keeps me straight on many a day. Please take care and know that the prayers continue to flow for all of you. Love, prayers and blessings, Elizabeth

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home