Friday, August 26, 2005

Friday

I have written this blog 3 times as I work on an unfamilar computer. I have deleted 2 in error. The third is the charm. Marvin has a private room at the VA. We are on 15th st. and so come to see us. He will have good rehab. as he tried to get his strngth back. Lost 40+ lbs. I have been blessed with new friends Leisa and Maj. Chip Hall with the Salvation Army whofound me thru Terry a new friend in Atlanta. Terry is a friend of Archie Burkel, a great lady and our own HAt Ladies founder. She has sent me wonderful women who have prayed with me and taken me out to see Atlanta. I know that God will send me new support in Augusta as we work our way closer to home and to healing. Onr Hat lady, Juanita Ethridge helped me get my wallet back from the Ashville farmers market where I had left it buying peaches. An Hispanic young lady found it, got her husband with better English to call the only number they found on a notepad in the wallet (Juanita's) and she tracked me down by the blog site!! Trey was in Marvin's room and called me. Horrified, I turned around, got help with gas and food from our own Bill Moore in Anderson and made it back 143 miles to Ashville. I thanked them with all the $ Bill had loaned me and was back in Atlanta by 10pm. God worked thur this stranger to help me in my time of need.
Marvin 's heart attack showned up on a EKG on Monday night when we turned to you for prayer in our extreme concern. The next EKG a few hrs. later showned no damage no heart attack at all!! More test showed the same. Praise God!
Now we deal with nausea and breathing difficulties from so little time out of bed. Pray with us for renewed strength. So much more has given us proof of God's hand. We thank you for all you rprayers and comments. They mean so much to us.
We pray with you for healing and for God will in all our lives.
Cathie and Marvin

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cathie ! Glad to hear ou are "settling in". Surely, you mean soe friends took you in to see Augusta-not Atlanta which is far over 100 miles from Augusta. Atlanta is my home and am very familiar
with it. Augusta itself is a nice town so enjoy! Love and prayers conti nue. margaret

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

orry I sent 2 notes on same subject. Am never sure if messages have gone through-so just phase them out when I have goofed ! margaret

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cathie and Marvin,

I sure hope those were awfully good peaches! While I think the Good Lord was in overdrive to get that episode to work out so well, a little less excitement would be fine.
You have the most amazing spirit - you make us want to pray all the harder to support you.
love and prayers,
Phillis, Laura's mom

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home