Monday, August 15, 2005

MONDAY MORNING AUGUST 15

Talked with Cathie yesterday and Marvin is still on track and getting better and stronger each day at Shepard's Spinal Center. We talked of the miracles that are walking the halls at Shepard's like the young lady they met at Church who was sky diving and her chute failed to open. She was the photographer taking pictures after the service. Cathie said would post some on the blog when she gets a chance. I hope everyone realizes that Marvin is a miracle and that through Prayer we have all contributed to that miracle. In fact I came accross a little story of just how miracles happen and thought I would pass it along to everyone ( especially Marvin and Cathie). So here goes:


A little girl went to her bedroom and pulled a glass jelly jar from its>> >hiding place in the closet. She poured the change out on the floor and>> >counted it carefully. Three times, even. The total had to be exactly> >perfect. No chance here for mistakes. Carefully placing the coins back> >in the jar and twisting on the cap, she slipped out the back door and> >made her way 6 blocks to Rexall's Drug Store with the big red Indian> >Chief sign above the door.> >She waited patiently for the pharmacist to give her some attention but>he> >was> >too busy at this moment. Tess twisted her feet to make a scuffing>noise.> >Nothing.> >She cleared her throat with the most disgusting sound she could muster> >No good. Fi! nally she took a quarter from her jar and banged it on the> >glass> >counter.> >That did it!> >"And what do you want?" the pharmacist asked in an annoyed tone of>voice.> >"I'm talking to my brother from Chicago whom I haven't seen in ages,">he> >said> >without waiting for a reply to his question.> >"Well, I want to talk to you about my brother," Tess answered back in>the> >same> >annoyed tone.> >"He's really, really sick... and I want to buy a miracle."> >''I beg your pardon?" said the pharmacist.> >His name is Andrew and he has something bad growing inside his head and>my> >Daddy says only a miracle can save him now. So how much does a miracle> >cost?"> >"We don't sell miracles here, little girl. I'm sorry but I can't help>you,"> >the pharmacist said, softening a little.> >"Listen, I have the money to pay for it. If it isn't enough, I will get>the> >rest.> >Just tell me how much it costs."> >The pharmacist's brother was a well dressed man. He stooped down and>asked> >the little girl, "What kind of a miracle does your brother need?" I> >don't know," Tess replied with her eyes welling up. "I just know he's> >really sick and Mommy says he needs an operation. But my Daddy can't>pay> >for it, so I want to use my money."> >"How much do you have?" asked the man fromChicago.> >"One dollar and eleven cents," Tess answered barely audibly. "And it's> >all the money I have, but I can get some more if I need to." "Well,> >what a coincidence," smiled the man. "A dollar and eleven>cents---> >the exact price of a miracle for little brothers. "> >" He took her money in one hand and with the other han! d he grasped her> >mitten and said "Take me to where you live. I want to see your brother>and> >meet your parents. Let's see if I have the miracle you need."> > That well dressed man was Dr. Carlton Armstrong, a surgeon,>specializing> >in neuro-surgery. The operation was completed free of charge and it>wasn't> >long until Andrew was home again and doing well. Mom and Dad were> >happily talking about the chain of events that had led them to this>place.> >That surgery," her Mom whispered. "was a real miracle. I wonder how> >much it would have cost?" Tess smiled.. She knew exactly how much a> >miracle cost...one dollar and>> >eleven cents> > ... plus the faith of a little child..> >A miracle is not the suspension of natural law, but the operation of a> >higher law...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. Murdaugh,
I just got back from the office - BP is 138/87 BTW - and got this blog address while I was there.

I first heard about this at least a month and a half ago and have been asking about your condition when I could.

This blog is certainly a help although we're looking for better things. We've been praying for you since we heard but it helps to know some details - won't go into that just now but we have thought for years that specific prayer gets specific answers.

I don't know if it's a good idea but my son was at WAFJ Radio there in Augusta for several years and we thought we could ride up one weekend and I could stop by to see you and he could visit with his old friends. I should say that I understand if you're not encouraging visitors; matter of fact, when I first heard of this you were still in Charleston but I thought you probably needed some time.

Remember - He made you; He can fix you!

Ron Irvine
rirvine@pobox.com

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home