Sunday, July 31, 2005

SUNDAY JULY 31

Had a call a few minutes ago, it was Marvin! I was so shocked could hardly answer but sure was good to hear his voice strong and clear. He just wanted to thank me and all of you for helping him make such progress in his time of need. Lets see what I can remember of our conversation. First he went to Church today and took his first nurishment by mouth. It was Communion ( can't think of a better way to start eating again). Second he has more movement in his wrist and more strength in his legs. The swallow test folks are going to test him in the next week to see if he can go back on solid food by mouth. Cathy and Mandy are still with him and that is good. I asked if he needed anything and he said some nerf balls would be good as he needs slight resistance to build up his grip. Then I talked to Cathie and she sounded better than she has in over a month. I think they are getting settled in at Shepard's and while I know there are times when depression hits that is less each day. Cathie made a special point to haave me pass on to each of you how much your outpouring of love, support and prayers have meant to Marvin's progress. She also said that they spent about 40 minutes out in the lovely garden which is attached to Shepard. Marvin has always liked being outside and I know this did a lot for his spirit. I'll close for now but keep the support and prayers working as they do indeed make a real difference.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your news brings tears of joy. Some day I want to meet Bill Moore, how about a picture so we can see what he says. Cathie and Marvin I am leaving for Scotland Tuesday for 2 weeks, I will continue my prayers and light a candle in a church there for you with a picture to follow. I believe with all my heart that you will be better day by day.
Sannie & Tom

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fabulous news! Sounds like progress is being made each day. I will continue to pray for your recovery. Keep up the good work.

Deborah

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the best news yet! We keep track of Marvins progress daily. All our love and prayers for the
whole family.
John,Betty ,Cam and DeVane family

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Cathie and Marvin, 1Aug05 5pm
Greeting from Rachel and Sheryl. I called Mom as soon as I arrived here at school and found your update. She was praising the Lord with you as I read. Indeed we will continue to pray, praise, and send our love. Tonight I finish teaching a five-week Basic Christian Beliefs class and tomorrow send off the grades. I will share these updates with the cohort and ask for continued prayer. Have a wonderful week! Blessings, Sheryl

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home