Thursday, July 21, 2005

UPDATE FOR JULY 21

Cathie and I just talked and she is really depressed this morning. Marvin got the results of his swallow test back and while he can take some fluid, apparently the mechanism that keeps fluid from going down the wind pipe is not working well so they are taking him off all nurishment by mouth. The Physicans have stated that they will put in the stomach tube (PEG) either today or tomorrow so he can get proper nurishment. Marvin is still working hard at Pt and Ot each day but Cathie says that he is also depressed from these setbacks. As if that was not enough the health insurance company ( CIGNA) which had told them they would cover Marvin for three months at Shepard is now saying they will pay for only 30 days. I told Cathie she needs to get herself and Marvin a lawyer who specializes in dealing with Health insurance. Wish I had more positive thoughts to pass on this morning but I don't. Keep the cards and prayers coming as they will make a difference. If I hear more will send it to you.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Cathie and Marvin,
I know that the setbacks of the day are making it hard to stay positive. Please remember how many friends you have that love you very much. You are not alone, although I know it must feel like you are at times. Please call sometime if you need to talk. I will light a candle for you here at home tonight, and send prayers for reassurance and comfort. I love you both!!
Happy

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Cathie and Marvin,
Greeting and love from Rachel and Sheryl. Since arriving back from Minneapolis and hearing of your situation, we have continually had you in our thoughts and prayers. Often I hear Mom saying, "Lord, touch dear Marvin" or "Lord, bless dear Marvin." As I left to teach New Testament this evening, Mom was at the piano filling the house with "It Is Well With My Soul." My heart was soothed as I sang the words in my mind and entrusted you to the Lord God Almighty.
Blessings, Sheryl

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cathie,

That's the spirit. I smiled today when I saw the flower arbor you made with the children at Stiles Point School. You are such a "colorful" person and share your gifts with so many. May God continue to give you the strength to make it through your greyist days.

Mindy B.

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home