Friday, August 05, 2005

Marvin wins at checkers/"walks" on treadmill

Friends
Yesterday was another day of ups and downs. At 9 Marvin was again strapped into the harness and lifted up to hold part of his weight. He held 100lbs of his body weight and with their help moved his legs and walked for 10 min. We cheered and played oldies music. Back in PT the problem of the bacteria infecting his bowel came back and he was once again put in isolation and lost his new roomate, a minister from Eutawville. God gave us another gift yesterday after the disappointment. He has been upgraded to level 3 for food and he had good old SC peaches for supper courtesy of his good buddy Bill. He came from Anderson yesterday to help me with the mire of Cigna health care or lack thereof and help me get around as I have been carless for a few days. Steve and Gail sent us some wonderful cantalopes from Texas and I saved one for him to taste today. Such wonderful sweetness!
We are blessed with your prayers, cards and e-mail As I prayed for ride back to the Wilson's on Wed I got a call from one of Archie Burkel's many Atlanta friends asking if I needed anything. God is telling me to trust him in all things. That included whether or not we go to the VA on the 11th. So many wonderful people have been here for us that I hate to leave, but God will provide.
Marvin asked for contined prayer for he says your support helps keep him going. He says he has a little more movement in hands,legs and speech is stronger. He is so encouraged by the staff here and by your comments. We are so glad that we are not alone!
God Bless you
Marvin and Cathie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home