Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Hello from Marvin

I am extrememly grateful for all the prayers and messages of encouragement. It is at times difficult to accept my present circumstances. I know that God has plans for me and that my life will be different. The progress is slow but I am learning to be thankful for whatever recovery I make each day. Cathie and my family have been here almost the entire time and have been vert supportive andd encouraging. They are my cheerleaders and I don't know what I would do without them. Also your cards and e-mail have meant more than I can ever express. God Bless all of you for your support!
Iam thanking God daily for your prayers and support
Marvin


As I type this for Marvin I have hope that as his hands strengthen he wil be able to do this for himself. We have solved one Cigna problem ( we are now in-network for payment) but they have again refused to allow us more than 30 days. We plan to leave for Augusta GA V.A.hospital on the 17th right now if it is not changed by
Cigna. I must leave this in God's hands and accept that Trey and I have fought all that we can. We have met another wonderful angel in our journey here. She is Tana Tilley and her daughter was here at Sheperds for a back injury last year. She is walking now. The Tilley's have given us hope and many neat things to use in the room. I will write more about their help later. Marvin was on the treadmill today and thought he didn't walk he did stand and bend his knees! We celebrate everything here. I must tell you how much I feel your support each day. God bless you! We read your comments together almost each night.
We pray for you also
CAthie

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I HAVE SHARED YOUR STORY WITH MY CO-WORKERS HERE AT WULBERN-KOVAL, AND THEY ALL WISH YOU THE BEST IN YOUR RECOVERY. THEY ALL ASK HOW YOU ARE DOING, AND I READ THEM THE COMMENTS FROM THIS BLOG. MY FAMILY AND I ARE PRAYING FOR YOU, AND WISHING THERE WERE MORE WE COULD DO. KEEP THE INFORMATION COMING; WE ALL HOPE FOR THE BEST IN YOUR TREATMENT AND RECOVERY.
BETTY DEVANE

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello to all, I check in on the Blog everyday and am so happy to see the progress that you are making Dr. Murdaugh. The treadmill today, WOW! Now I know I have no excuse not to get out and exercise all the Doritoes and M&M's that I've been eating. You guys are doing great. It's good that you trust in God and not the insurance companies. And God even has a "medical degree". Why Cigna doesn't check with Him??????? He'd probably tell them to get a medical degree first and then make decisions about what should be covered. God will provide exactly what you need. Your faith and trust in Him through all of this has glorified His name so much, that I know He will honor you all. Blessings, Elizabeth

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Marvin and Cathie,
It was very special to have a message from you, Marvin, when I read your blog site today!! I know everyone that read it feels the same. I was absolutely thrilled to hear about you standing and bending your knees-how exhilarating that must have been!! I have to tell you that I dreamed about you and Cathie last night, that you were visiting with Ashley and I. It was a very positive and inspiring dream. Keep up the great progress, and send more messages, Marvin!!! I miss you both!!
Love,
Happy

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning to all the Murdaugh family this Thursday morning ! We enjoy so much reading of the progress you are making each day, Marvin-and rejoice in that with Cathie and yur children. Continue with your efforts byut moist of all with your prayers and faith in God. He WILL take care of you ! Blessings, Margaret and Bob Sams

5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home