Sunday, August 07, 2005

Sunday at Shepherd

Marvin and I went to church today. From the minister's notes we read "authentic prayer is our living expression of what is. Our faith is our courage allowing us to rest in knowing the Potter's hand of the Lord in fashioning our life experiences in accordance with His Divine Wisdom." It struck a chord with us. We are faced with such a change in our lives and we try to find a way to know God's will in this. There are monents of clarity in this when I feel we will be fine. Our life will be different perhaps even better as we embrace God's Grace.
Today we have had Mandy and Kristen, Laurel and Oren visit us today. It has been wonderful to visit with them and hear of their adventures. Marvin has been eating better and we hope they will consider taking out the feeding tube. We marveled at his ability to move his fore arm just abit. What a gift!
Our love to all of you,
Marvin and Cathie

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read the blogspot everyday and look forward to the updates. Every bit of progress is cheered by me and I tell Katie when I have her. She got her heart worm medicine today, she is eating well and seems comfortable here. I will continue to pray for progress and the continued strength of your spirits. Love Pal

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had communion today at Harbor View. I wonder if it was served at the service you attended. I was thinking of you both during that time, wondering if you could feel the prayers going up for you.
Keep your spirits up and keep on working to get better.
Love from the DeVane family,
Betty, John, Cam, Betsy, Frank,
Cherie, Ariel and Little Frank.

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keeping you covered in prayer. My mother was wondering about an address where she could send a card. I log on here and call my parents from my cell phone and read any updates to them. Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us.

Prayers and Blessings,

Celeste Webb Howanich

7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marvin, we continue our prayers for you and your family and pray for a quick and complete recovery. Please continue to keep us all posted on the progress. Our best to you all from Bob and Marie Davison.

5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marvin and Cathe . . . it's been a few days since I checked in and I'm amazed at the progress you're making. As an earlier blogger said - your activities on the treadmill makes me feel pretty silly about not working off those M&M's I had today! But I'll bet those SC peaches were a real treat.
Keep up the good work and your indomitable spirits!

Linda Thomas
Wilmington, NC
Cape Fear Contra Dancers

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I'd rather be in the palm of your hand, though rich or poor I may be. Faith can see right through the circumstance. Sees the forest inspite of the trees. Your grace provides for me." Alison Krauss
These are lyrics from one of my favorite Alison Krauss songs. The words just seemed to be a testimony of the strength and faith that has radiated from you all during this time. Cathie and Marvin, you and your family are continually in my prayers. Love, Elizabeth

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home