Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Wednesday night

Dear friends
The last cardiologist came in 20 min. ago and told us there was no heart damage! There had not been a cardic thrombus either. Such good news has been such a gift of God! We have been told that the bleeding is from the blood thinners that were pushed at the first sign of poss. heart problems. He is still having some aid breathing but that might be from the possibility of pneumonia. They see that here and treat it often so they didn't sound too worried. He ate some of his supper and that has stayed with him for 3 hours now so we have a small victory with nausea. Your prayers and calls have helped me thru the night and given Marvin the courage to face all these tests, bloodwork, and hours of waiting with his usual positive attitude. I wish I could call all of you and thank you personally but as some of you may have heard, I have been so far over my minutes with Alltel that I had to stop using the phone for a while!
Please know how much you mean to us and if you can't get to Atlanta then wait a week and we should be in Augusta for a few months. As Marvin just said "God continues His presence" and we see Him in all you do for us.
Cathie and Marvin

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was truly happy to read the news from last night. You both have been in my thoughts constantly. Please don't hesitate to call me, if I can help with anything.

With love,

Harriette Martin

4:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Cathie and Marvin,
Our prayers have been with you during this difficult week. We have been praying for miracles, and as we have seen, miracles occur daily with Marvin. Please know that you are loved!!!
Happy and Ashley

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO GLAD TO HEAR THE GOOD NEWS!
MIRACLES HAPPEN DAILY.
STILL PRAYING FOR EVEN BETTER NEWS, LIKE HE GETS TO STAY WHERE HE IS A WHILE LONGER.
BETTY & FAMILY

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just hear about this site. Sounds like you are getting good care. You are in our prays. Chris and Robbie

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marvin and Cathie,
You have been in my thoughts and my prayers every day. I think we all appreciate the effort you are making to keep us up to date - when I'm badgering the Good Lord at least I can be specific!
love, and hope,
Phillis, Laura's mom

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

IN HEAVENLY LOVE ABIDING
words: Anna Waring

In Heav 'nly love abiding,
No change my heart shall fear;
And safe is such confiding,
For nothing changes here:
The storm may roar without me,
My heart mayt low be laid;
But God is round about me,
And can I be dismayed?

Wherever he may guide me,
No want shall turn me back;
My Shepherd is beside me,
And nothing can I lack:
His wisdom ever waketh,
His sight is never dim;
He knows the way he taketh,
And I will walk with him.

Green pastures are before me, Which yet I have not seen;
Bright skies will soon be o'er me, Where the dark clouds have been:
My life I cannot measure,
The path of life is free;
My Savior has my treasure,
And he will walk with me.


I wanted to share this hymn with you! I found the words so inspiring.
Love,
Happy

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home