Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Wednesday

Marvin called home today to share his excitement about bio-feedback. He was able to see his muscles working with the aid of a computer even though he can't move them as yet. What a wonderful thing to hear the smile in his voice as he slowly gets back little bits of his strength. His breathing has improved and that has been a major concern. He has not had a breathing treatment in nearly a week. I watched him drive his power chair around the halls with much more ease and hope soon he can use his hand to control the switch. Right now he uses his chin and thumb. He loves watermelon and grapes so I bring them with me. He is eating better and even has a little bit of appetite which he has not had in over two months. So much can't be explained ezcept to say that prayer is a wonderous thing. I thank you all for continuing to lift us up daily and as I have told many of you, we are so grateful to be remembered with the wonderful cards and calls.
I can sometimes reach him at his bed but someone must be there to pick up the phone. I hope that very soon they will receive the special speakerphone ordered for him that will be voice activated. We move toward the day when he can come home for the holidays.
Thank you for being so faithful
Cathie

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI YA'LL ...
NEVER HAVE DONE THIS BEFORE...
HOPE U GET IT?!?!?
I'M CHECKING YOUR "BIG DOG" ABOUT
EVERY DAY TO KEEP UP WITH U.
THINGS SOUND BETTER NOW ... WE'RE
SO GLAD!!
YOU KNOW OUR THOUGHTS & PRAYERS
ARE WITH YOU CONSTANTLY. (WHAT ARE
COUSINS FOR?!)
STILL TRYING TO GET HOME!!
LOVE YOU TWO! PEG & BUD

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Marvin,
Ms. Rogers' comments to you about her experience and her attitude remind me that scripturally we are told to never give up. It seems ƒrom your recent improvements you are feeling more hopeful. Paul tells us in Ephesians 1:19 how incredably great God's power is to help those who really believe him. Jesus tells us we have not because we ask not. God can only answer "yes", "no", and "wait a while". You've been on "wait a while", I think.
If you'll cover yourself with the Shield of Faith, not be duel minded, and really believe with your focus on total return of your mobility, you can help God to heal you, sooner.
The understanding you will need to help others when you are on the other side of the bedsi∂e is coming to you, now, as you are becoming a living blessing. We think of you prayerfully and love your good news. Mary Elizabeth

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cathie and Marvin, 9/22/05 5:10p
Greetings from Rachel and Sheryl. Again Mom will be delighted with the wonderful news I'll print off and bring home to her. Our thoughts and prayers for you continue daily, for the Lord alone is the strength and endurance of our lives as believers. This evening I was asked to give a devotional in a co-worker's M.Ed. class. After a time of quiet I read Psalm 91 and prayed. I'll read the same Psalm to my 6pm MBA Ethics class. During this time of another impending hurricane we need to know that no matter what happens in life, the Lord is our refuge and fortress. The only one in whom we trust. Keep up the good progress, Marv! Blessings, Sheryl

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy, I have thought of you often. I knew you were in Atlanta and asked around to see when you would be back and someone gave me this blog. I hope Marvin is doing better and I have been praying for you both. I just wanted you to know I was thinking of you. take care of yourself, too. love, Gena

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home