Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Wednesday in Augusta

Dear friends
The nausea has returned with a vengance. I am looking for help from other doctors and hospital that might have some experience with this in other spinal chord patients. If any of you have ideas please let us know as we have tried most drugs getting him moving as much as possible. The nausea now keeps him down abit and the feeding schedule keeps him up during the night. What a mess. Prayer is the best medicine we know. He is still doing what he can in PT and the women helping him are great cheerleaders. Often they will let him call me to celebrate something.
We are starting to get bids on the house for renovation. I think that this will be wonderful for him to be in his own home for a bit this Nov. We want to plan to celebrate with a covered dish and turkey time and I will pick a date and let you know. Some God-led people are calling me with ideas for remodeling and nursing care and even how to get loans and equiptment. I feel your support in so many ways and this keeps me going. I will return home next week and work on house and bills. Call or come by. We love you all.
God gives me strength thru you prayers,
Cathie

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Cathie and Marvin, Prayers to find relief for Marvin's nausea are on their way. I do pray that some relief will be found soon. I am playing the role of the good humour lady today, so I hope these anecdotes that Elizabeth Debrule sent me will give you something to chuckle about. #1 A kindergarten teacher was observing her classroom of children while they were drawing. She would occasionally walk around to see each child's work. As she got to one little girl who was working diligently, she asked what the drawing was. The girl replied, "I'm drawing God." The teacher paused and said, "But no one knows what God loooks like." Without missing a beat, or looking up from her drawing, the girl replied:"They will in a minute."
#2 The children were lined up in the cafeteria of a catholic elementary school for lunch. At the head of the table was a large pile of apples. The nun made a note, and posted it on the apple tray: "Take only ONE. God is watching." Moving further along the lunch line, at the other end of the table was a large pile of cookies. A child had written a note, "Take all you want. God is watching the apples." I hope this provides a little comic relief in the midst of therapy and trying to feel better. Take care. Love and Prayers Elizabeth

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Cathie and Marvin! 9/29 5:15pm
Greetings from Rachel and Sheryl. Oh how our hearts go out to you and our prayers ascend for you. Though the challenges are great, the Lord God is greater still. Seven MBA students will present their ethical dilemmas this evening. Next week their lengthy papers on the same topic will be due, and week six will be their mid-point comprehensive exam. I'll fill them in on your progress and ask for continued prayer.
Blessings, Sheryl

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home