Monday, November 21, 2005

Monday in Chas.

Dear Friends
Trey amd Elizabeth Debrule drove to Augusta on Sat. to bring me home after I had been cautioned not to drive that distance. I have tried to be good for a few days here at home but ...crutches are the pits. No MRI date as yet but I do feel better and hope for the best outcome. Trey and I head back to Augusta to train and move into the apt on the hall. We must to do everything for Marvin for three days so that we can see if we can bring him home. We spoke with Marvin a few minutes ago and he sounded very good. We hope to keep his spirits up with this new date for homecoming. The church ramp team and Mandy did a great job on the ramp in the front yard. It is sturdy and yes even attractive. They moved plants and fit rails so perfectly. They have certainly shown christian love for us in this endeavor.
I looked at my e-mail to see 45 from the class of '64 El Cid. What a group of guys. I read many to Marvin before he fell asleep on Friday night. This thanksgiving will be different for us but we know that you lift us up and we are thankful for all of you.
God's Blessing to you and your this Thanksgiving
Cathie

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marvin and Cathie,
It is so good to feel you are once again bouncing back from a really "crummy" happening. The wood crutches are not wonderful, but I am hoping that the love and support and prayers we are all sending your way will be a most successful crutch.
The real and best Thanksgiving will be when Marvin does get home, so whatever date that is - is Thanksgiving!
love, Phillis

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wednesday, Nov. 23

Dear Bubba:

A funny thing happened on Miami's way to a national championship, they lost! We played a terrible game on offense. They had been looking so good. Miami's defense has been ranked #1 in the country most of the year and the defense was still very good in the Georgia Tech game, but the offense, which has been up and down, was terrible. We play our last game this Saturday against Virginia at 3:30 on ABC TV, if you can watch it. I'm sorry that you will not be home for Thanksgiving, but maybe this will give you even more time to get stronger. I hope that Cathie is doing better. As I have said before, I know that in the next three or four months you are going to see great progress.
Love, Billy

6:41 PM  
Blogger Your Cid Classmate-Barney said...

Blessings to you both on this Thanksgiving. Read Psalm 100 -- it is very uplifting and appropriate for this time. Cathy--I'm praying that your leg will heal quickly, and Marv, that you will heal completely and regain full use of all functions. I hope to be able to stop by for a few mintes this weekend (Nov 26) on my way through to Aiken. Keep the faith -- you both have great attitudes.
Barney Siegmund, '64 Citadel

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home