Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Tuesday night& things look better

I talked to Marvin tonight and he sounded better than I have heard him in quite some time. He told me that Brian and Saradell had been by to visit on Sunday and he had really enjoyed them. He spoke of surprizing the doctor in bio-feedback with more strength in his deltoids. He is answering medical questions in classes they take at the VA. For some time he has felt so rotten that he wasn't very responsive. He is clearly trying harder to get everything offered at the VA and feeling more hopeful. The nausea had worn him down and though he still has no appetite, he is trying to eat a little more each day. Without your visits and cards and PRAYERS this would not be happening. One thing we have really seen while at the VA is how important a positive attitude and belief in God's loving care can help you heal. Some staff there have that kind touch that has helped Marvin when medicine could not.Each one reading the blog has helped send positive energy and he doesn't feel so alone in this battle. Your love and belief in him will help his return to life and health more than anything else. It helps me also as I continue to prepare for his Nov. 21 return.
We praise God for you,
Cathie * Marvin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning Marvin and Cathie!
I thought that I'd let you know that not only are you in my prayers, but that I try to read your blog each morning before going to work! To read that things are going well, to know the things that you need, so that I can pray for those needs gets me a good start in the morning!
It has been hot here in sunny Chas..but the nights are nice and cool.
Keep up the hard work and continue to rejoice in each new triumph!!(not that you wouldn't!Hah!)
Looking forward to seeing you both Thanksgiving weekend! My daughter and I are going to Jax for the holiday but will be back that Sat, so hoping to see you Sunday!!
Take care and have a great rest of the week!
Reenie McClure

3:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a blessing it is to have a good day! Glad to hear the news.
Looking forward to seeing you over the holidays. There will be lots of folks available to help you get into and out of the church when you arrive at long last. Keep up the good work. See you soon, we hope.
Betty DeVane

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home