Sunday, November 06, 2005

Marvin rides again

Dear Friends
We hit the fair grounds in Augusta on Thursday and met up with my cousin Bud Carter for a tour of the exhibits. Marvin rode his power chair around all the exhibits we could in nearly two hours. Bud even took Mandy and me around in a cart for awhile so we could keep up with speedo Marvin in his faster chair. He is feeling better though still finding it hard to eat. After being nauseous for almost 11 weeks it isn't easy to think of food without gagging. I wish I could give him some of my love for it! He eats very small quantities and still gets the liquid meals by tube. We hope soon he can eat enough to do without that awful tube into his small intestine. With some respite from constant nausea,some of his old humor is beginning to return as you can see by the photo. He wore his dog hat from Sonnie Cook at the fair with dog ears flapping in the wind. He loves the mail for to not be forgotten is a wonderful thing.
Home is scheduled for Nov. 21 and I will be with him in an apartment on the ward for 4 days to see how well I can handle his needs. we will not have our new van ready to bring him home so we will need to borrow or rent a van to get him home. Know anyone with a wheelchair access van they might let us borrow? His hospital bed arrives on Thursday this week so I am in a tizzy to get this piano out. Still need a value on it so that we can sell it. Sorry it has taken so long to get messages out but with one computer at the VA I have quite a wait.
When you lift us up in prayer you give us more than you know. I have my moments when I don't think I can do this but you help save my sanity with many acts of kindness.
God's Blessing to you
Cathie

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marvin and Cathie,
What wonderful news you are sharing, please know that you are thought of and prayed for daily, even when you don't know we're doing it! Yet, maybe those are the times the "little miracle kindnesses" come through.

Phillis, Laura's mom

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU WHEN YOU COME HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS. CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR OUTING TO THE FAIR.

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home