Thursday, November 17, 2005

Just one more thing

Dear friends,
One more glitch has happened. I fell today in the hall and sprained ( poss. tore) a ligament! Now the dr. says that I can't look after him in the apt. here for 3 days and he can't come home for now! Marvin and I are so down. I am braced from hip to ankle and unable to drive well enought to come home for an MRI. Mandy is looking for a ride to Augusta so that she can bring me home. Sometimes I feel that I can't take another setback. We have been through so much and I just want him home. He worries that I won't be able to take care of him on crutches. That it will be too much for me.
Tomorrow we were to start our last training in an living setting with me giving all his care. Now we will have to think of a way to bring Thanksgiving to him. I am not certain how but somehow we will raise his spirits. Right now I could use some of that myself.
God keep you safe this holiday
Cathie

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cathie and Marvin,
We were so sorry to hear about Cathie's fall. We were looking forward to seeing Marvin again when he arrived home, but maybe he can come home before Christmas even now. YOU need to get better, Cathie, and then you can take care of Marvin. We will be praying for both of you to improve.
Hope to see you both soon.
Betty DeVane and Family

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cathie and Marvin - - not much to say except "hang in there".... you two have done an incredible job of helping each other through this ordeal. I hadn't checked the blog in a while and I'm so glad to see all the progress that you're making.... loved the Halloween pic and the one with the doggie cap! Those photos show so well the spirit you have inside. With the help of God, your friends and your family, you'll get past this latest obstacle, Cathie. Now it's time to concentrate on getting yourself well . . . it sounds like Marvin's got a handle on his situation. Just keep thinking about how wonderful it will be to be back in your own home soon -- now THAT will be a true New Year's celebration. God bless and keep you.

Linda Thomas
Wilmington contra dancer

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home