Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A New Year's posting

Marvin remains in the VA and in isolation for a staph infection. His doctor wants to put in a feeding tube like they did last year as he is eating very little. The nausea had him so low for so long that his stomache is very small and food there isn't good. I would perfer to bring him home rather than have the surgery but it isn't up to me. The good new is that he will be coming home either way. He is so bored in the hosp. for there is little for him to do. You know it is hard for Marvin to just sit and look out the window or at TV. I couldn't visit with him on New Year's as I have gotten a rotten cold. I got as far as Columbia and stayed with my wonderful friend Sara and husband Ed and went to bed until I could drive back home.
When you are praying for Marvin, please add one for our minister's grandchild. He was diagosed with a brain stem tumor which is inoperable. I believe he is only 3. We need one of God's miracles to save him.
God Bless
Cathie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home