Saturday, October 14, 2006

The power of prayer

It is Sat. and the last note from Marvin was that he could tell that we had sent prayer up for him as the nausea had abated, the blood pressure was down and the fever was gone. After a good report I am often afraid to call again as this has been such a time of ups and downs. I left Augusta Thursday for Penland NC and a few days w/ Amanda. She is enrolled in a metals class for two months and is loving it. I have never been here when the leaves were turning and it is a glorious testemony to GOD's majesty. I am taking pictures to show MArvin as h loves the mountains. I head back to Augusta on Monday and hope to get him home soon after. I take the cards and tell him of the calls and hugs sent his way. Keeping his spirits up is of great importance as healing begins with the spirit.
We love you and thank you for keeping Marvin on your mind. "We can do all things thru God who strengthens us"
Cathie

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some phrases I found that might help keep things in perspective while in recovery are:
keep it simple
easy does it
first things first
stop. think.
let go and let God
Also it would be neat to get a book of your favorite comic strip or comedian since laughter is the best medicene.
Your family is in my prayers.

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home