Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Feb 1st

Right now I working with electrical stimulation to try and strenghten muscle groups. I continue a routine of daily exercises to increase range of motion and endurance. A dietitian from VA visited yesterday and thought I looked good and had a good diet plus I have gained nearly 15 lbs. This is due in part to the delicious food that friends and neighbors have brought plus the extra bonus that I have Cathie, Trey and Mandy cook'in for me. I feel stronger most days and have less complications from the nausea and swallowing.My dog still doesn't recognize me in a wheelchair but she loves finishing off my cereal each morning anyway. Most sunny days you can find me in the driveway watching the people walking in the neighborhood and visiting with friend who stop by. The prayers offered on my behalf make all the difference. I can get to church now and see so many who have called and written and prayed with and for me. Bill Simpson came by and joked that he wanted me to give him his physical next year. He was great medicine!
Thank you for caring for me and my family
Marvin

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marvin and Cathie: It was so wonderful to see both of you at church yesterday. You both looked "marvelous!" When we see you there, we know the prayers have been answered in the most positive way. Keep on working at getting well, and we will keep praying for that to happen also.
Betty DeVane and family

12:59 PM  
Blogger dutchashell said...

I am so happy to hear that you have gained so much weight. At this rate, Katie may not be the only one who doesn't recognize you... ;-)
Michael and I are finally settling in, but we think of you often and wish we could be near to you (although, we love this place and wish not to move back... just relocate all the folks we love and miss) I think it is almost too much to really think how much we miss you and your family...
Know that you are loved and in our prayers.
Love and Hugs and Kisses from both of us.

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marvin, What an incredibly long way you have come - that you are able to send your own messages now.
I hope that since you wrote this that your weight and everything else are improving.
Hope it will be a lovely and special Valentines Day for you all.

with prayers of thanksgiving,
Phillis

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home