Friday, May 18, 2007

Marvin goes swimming

We are able to have pool therapy thru the VA and with the help of a Shepherd trained therapist, Marvin is standing on his own(with a life vest) and he climbed up one step. He does so much better in water without gravity so we know many nerve connections are still there but very weak from disuse. His breathing is better and he sounds like the old Marvin in voice. We have a friend working in pain management who thinks she can help him get more movement back and we are excitedly waiting for next Thursday to see the Dr. @ this clinic. Scott Johnson and Marvin are in the back yard today. Marvin is giving advice and Scott has mowed, cleared and put down pinestraw on the yard. What a great exchange!! We have had calls from friends of many years past that have brought such smiles to Marvin. There are some great memories being shared again as friends can do. God continues to give us blessings in healing, friends, and even finances. Got a refund from the hospital last week! You know that is rare and much appreciated. We have a wonderful lady helping with Marvin who many met at his 65th. She is such a gift.
Thank you keeping us in your prayers and calls. Our God is Great,
Cathie

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marvin and Cathie,
I am an old friend from James Island, Cursillo and our small group but I now live in Boston. Yesterday I was cleaning out my office and stumbled on an address book from many years ago and happened to open it up to the "M"'s. I saw your name and wondered what you were up to, so I casually "googled" your name and was amazed and saddened to find this blog and read all that you have gone through in the past 2 years. My heart is warmed by your continued faith in such difficult times and so thankful that you have had such strong support from friends.
A stoneware piece that Cathie made is still perched in my kitchen and I regularly reflect on the dear family of friends (you!)that God gave me during a very difficult personal time. I thank God for our weekly gatherings during 1988 and 1989.
I am happily remarried and we are about to celebrate our 15th anniversary. God has been so faithful and continues to amaze me with His love and goodness. Marvin, you will be a part of my prayers for continued healing and strength and for Cathie that you may have all the patience and love that you need.
Kathleen (Tabor) Craig

7:36 PM  
Blogger dutchashell said...

You guys are still in my hearts and prayers. We miss you and love you lots.
*hearts*
kristin and michael

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home